hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Abhay Ratnaparkhi <abhay.ratnapar...@gmail.com>
Subject one reducer is hanged in "reduce-> copy" phase
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:10:58 GMT
Hello,

I have a MR job which has 4 reducers running.
One of the reduce attempt is pending since long time in reduce->copy phase.

The job is not able to complete because of this.
I have seen that the child java process on tasktracker is running.

Is it possible to run the same attempt again? Does killing the child java
process or tasktracker on the node help? (since hadoop may schedule a
reduce attempt on another node).

Can I copy the map intermediate output required for this single reducer
(which is hanged) and rerun only the hang reducer?

Thank you in advance.
~Abhay

ask_201208250623_0005_r_000000<http://dpep089.innovate.ibm.com:50030/taskdetails.jsp?tipid=task_201208250623_0005_r_000000>
26.41%