hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Håvard Wahl Kongsgård <haavard.kongsga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: example usage of s3 file system
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 07:11:49 GMT
see also

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/AmazonS3

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Chris Collins
<chris_j_collins@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi I am trying to use the Hadoop filesystem abstraction with S3 but in my tinkering I
am not having a great deal of success.  I am particularly interested in the ability to mimic
a directory structure (since s3 native doesnt do it).

> Can anyone point me to some good example usage of Hadoop FileSystem with s3?
>
> I created a few directories using transit and AWS S3 console for test.  Doing a liststatus
of the bucket returns a FileStatus object of the directory created but if I try to do a liststatus
of that path I am getting a 404:

> org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3.S3Exception: org.jets3t.service.S3ServiceException: Request Error.
HEAD '/aaaa' on Host ....

> Probably not the best list to look for help, any clues appreciated.

Håvard Wahl Kongsgård
Faculty of Medicine &
Department of Mathematical Sciences
NTNU