hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Visioner Sadak <visioner.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Integrating hadoop with java UI application deployed on tomcat
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 08:32:11 GMT
Hi,

  I have a WAR which is deployed on tomcat server the WAR contains some
java classes which uploads files, will i be able to upload directly in to
hadoop iam using the below code in one of my java class

       Configuration hadoopConf=new Configuration();
        //get the default associated file system
       FileSystem fileSystem=FileSystem.get(hadoopConf);
       // HarFileSystem harFileSystem= new HarFileSystem(fileSystem);
        //copy from lfs to hdfs
       fileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(new Path("E:/test/GANI.jpg"),new
Path("/user/TestDir/"));

but its throwing up this error

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration

when this code is run independtly using a single jar deployed in hadoop bin
it wrks fine