hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Alex McLintock <alex.mclint...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unsubscribe
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 15:09:52 GMT
> what the hell, why so many unsubscribing mail

Because so many people were made to join this mailing list without
being asked first.

On 8 August 2012 15:50, Dan O'Bryan <dobryan@adknowledge.com> wrote:
> The behavior of this list has changed in the last 24 hours, thus emails that
> were previously filtered nicely into the proper folder are now hitting my
> inbox. I dont know what has changed,

Lots of us were on totally different mailing lists but were just
subscribed to the user@hadoop.apache.org without being asked. But that
mailing list has been subsumed into the all purpose user one.

> but based on the number of people
> unsubscribing (improperly), I'm guessing my experience is not unusual and
> all these people are trying to get *their* inboxes back. Possibly the list
> is sending from or to a different address now?

It is. For instance I was reading common-user@hadoop.apache.org and my
mail program filters were using that string specifically.

===

Someone also commented on being able to read. Well I can look at this
email and it is NOT obvious how to unsubscribe especially to a list
they didn't join in the first place.