hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Jian Fang <jian.fang.subscr...@gmail.com>
Subject hftp in Hadoop 0.20.2
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 20:17:17 GMT
Hi,

We have a hadoop cluster of version 0.20.2 in production. Now we have
another new Hadoop cluster using cloudera's CDH3U4. We like to run distcp
to copy files between the two clusters. Since the hadoop versions are
different, we have to use hftp protocol to copy files based on the hadoop
document here:
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/distcp.html#cpver.

The problem is that I cannot access files via hftp from the current
production 0.20.2 cluster even though I can see the following setting* from
job tracker UI.

dfs.http.address* pnjhadoopnn01:50070

I tried to telnet this port, but got "connection refused" error. Seems the
hftp service is not actually running. Could someone tell me how to enable
the hftp service in the 0.20.2 hadoop cluster so that I can run distcp?

Thanks in advance,

John