hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Bejoy KS" <bejoy.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reading multiple lines from a microsoft doc in hadoop
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 06:09:11 GMT
Hi Siddharth

I believe doc and docx have custom formatting other than text. In that case you may have to
build your own input format. Also your own record reader if you want to have the record delimiter
as an empty line.

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: Siddharth Tiwari <siddharth.tiwari@live.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 05:52:13
To: USers Hadoop<user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Reading multiple lines from a microsoft doc in hadoop

hi,
I have doc files in msword doc and docx format. These have entries which are seperated by
an empty line. Is it possible for me to read these lines separated from empty lines at a time.
Also which inpurformat shall I use to read doc docx. Please help

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!