hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Tony Burton <TBur...@SportingIndex.com>
Subject RE: hadoop 1.0.3 equivalent of MultipleTextOutputFormat
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:36:48 GMT
Hi Harsh

Thanks for the reply - my understanding is that with MultipleOutputs I can write differently
named files into the same target directory. With MultipleTextOutputFormat I was able to override
the target directory name to perform the segmentation, by overriding generateFileNameForKeyValue().

Does the 1.0.3 MultipleOutputs give me the ability to alter the target directory name as well
as the file name?

Thanks,

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Harsh J [mailto:harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: 28 August 2012 13:44
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: hadoop 1.0.3 equivalent of MultipleTextOutputFormat

The Multiple*OutputFormat have been deprecated in favor of the generic
MultipleOutputs API. Would using that instead work for you?

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Tony Burton <TBurton@sportingindex.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen that org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.MultipleTextOutputFormat is good for writing
results into (for example) different directories created on the fly. However, now I'm implementing
a MapReduce job using Hadoop 1.0.3, I see that the new API no longer supports MultipleTextOutputFormat.
Is there an equivalent that I can use, or will it be supported in a future release?

> Thanks,
>
> Tony

> This email and any attachments are confidential, protected by copyright and may be legally
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, then the dissemination or copying of this
email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying
by email and then delete the email completely from your system.  Neither Sporting Index nor
the sender accepts responsibility for any virus, or any other defect which might affect any
computer or IT system into which the email is received and/or opened.  It is the responsibility
of the recipient to scan the email and no responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage
arising in any way from receipt or use of this email.  Sporting Index Ltd is a company registered
in England and Wales with company number 2636842, whose registered office is at Gateway House,
Milverton Street, London, SE11 4AP.  Sporting Index Ltd is authorised and regulated by the
UK Financial Services Authority (reg. no. 150404) and Gambling Commission (reg. no. 000-027343-R-308898-001).
 Any financial promotion contained herein has been issued

--
Harsh J
www.sportingindex.com