hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject Hadoop web interface authentication
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 18:41:29 GMT
Hello all,

I added the following setting  hadoop.http.authentication.simple.anonymous.allowed. Now when
I try to login to Web UI, I get 401 error unless I specify user.name=username. This is exactly
what I want but I noticed that I can pass any user name and it will work as long as it is
not null. What else am I missing from the core-site file to make it work? Also, is there a
way I can add a configuration so that a password would be required to get access? I am aware
of Kerberos authentication method but I have it configured with Active directory and until
I find the correct location of the keytab, I can't use it.

Thanks all.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital

contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.