hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: Hadoop and MainFrame integration
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 22:51:59 GMT
The problem with it, is that Hadoop depends on top of HDFS to storage in
blocks of 64/128 MB of size (or the size that you determine, 64 MB is
the de-facto size), and then make the calculations.
So, you need to move all your data to a HDFS cluster to use data in
MapReduce jobs if you want to make the calculations with Hadoop.
Best wishes

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci