hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Terry Healy <the...@bnl.gov>
Subject Re: Stopping a single Datanode
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:56:37 GMT
Thanks guys. I will need the decommission in a few weeks, but for now
just a simple system move. I found out the hard way not to have a
masters and slaves file in the conf directory of a slave: when I tried
bin/stop-all.sh, it stopped processes everywhere.

Gave me an idea to list it's own name as the only one in slaves, which
might work as expected then....but if I can just kill the process that
is even easier.