hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Jan Van Besien <ja...@ngdata.com>
Subject Re: checkpointnode backupnode hdfs HA
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 09:51:51 GMT
On 08/16/2012 10:37 AM, Uma Maheswara Rao G wrote:
> Don't confuse with the backupnode/checkpoint nodes here.
>
> The new HA architecture mainly targetted to build HA with Namenode states.

Thanks, your explanation is already helpful. If you say "the new HA
architecture", does this mean that the (older) ideas to extend the
backupnode functionality to provide (warm) standby as explained here

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-4539?focusedCommentId=12674954&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12674954

are no longer valid?

Or to come back to one of my previous questions: is replacing (now
deprecated) secondary namenodes with backup namenodes a future proof
idea, or should I maybe go for the new HA architecture right away?

thanks
Jan