hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject Setting up HTTP authentication
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 18:34:23 GMT
Hello all,

I followed the 1.0.3 docs to setup http simple authentication. I'd like to pass a username
to open the web interface. My new settings for core-site.xml are below:

<property>
<name>hadoop.http.filter.initializers</name>
<value>org.apache.hadoop.http.lib.StaticUserWebFilter,org.apache.hadoop.security.AuthenticationFilterInitializer</value>
<description>HTTP Authentication document in hadoop tar file</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>hadoop.http.authentication.type</name>
<value>simple</value>
<description>authentication type for web UI</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>hadoop.http.authentication.token.validity</name>
<value>36000</value>
<description>how long authentication token is valid before it needs to be renewed</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>hadoop.http.authentication.signature.secret</name>
<value>test</value>
<description>signature secret for signing authentication tokens</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>hadoop.http.authentication.cookie.domain</name>
<value></value>
<description>domain to use for the http cookie that stores authentication token</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>hadoop.http.authentication.simple.anonymous.allowed</name>
<value>false</value>
<description>anonymous web UI requests enabled or disabled</description>
</property>

Unfortunately, I don't have a 1.0.3 hadoop cluster handy and am testing this on 0.20.203.0.
When I start the cluster, jobtracker doesn't start. Looking at the logs, I see the following:

tasktracker log:

2012-08-08 13:40:26,178 WARN org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: Source name
ugi already exists!

and

2012-08-08 13:40:26,445 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker: Can not start task tracker
because java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.security.AuthenticationFilterInitializer

Namenode log shows:

2012-08-08 14:18:17,839 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: master/10.0.0.101:54310.
Already tried 9 time(s).
2012-08-08 14:18:17,839 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC: Server at master/10.0.0.101:54310
not available yet, Zzzzz...
2012-08-08 14:18:19,841 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server: master/10.0.0.101:54310.
Already tried 0 time(s).

My question is, is the org.apache.hadoop.security.AuthenticationFilterInitiazlier only available
in 1.* releases or the problem is somewhere else?

Thank you.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital

contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.