hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Devaraj k <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop Pi map-reduce job hangs
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 05:15:20 GMT
Hi Anand,

   Can you check the task attempt logs for job, what is happening in the reduce task.

Thanks

Devaraj

________________________________
From: Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan [Ananda.Murugan@honeywell.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 7:15 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Hadoop Pi map-reduce job hangs

Hi,

I have set up a three node cluster following the instructions here

http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-multi-node-cluster/

I ran into java.io.IOException: Incompatible namespaceIDs error and I fixed by manually updating
the namespace ID. I restarted the cluster and tried running sample Pi calculation job. It
hangs as shown below

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD7535.867BA8E0]

It is running for more than 30 minutes. I quickly checked the logs and did not find any exception.
How do I fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Anand.C