hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Li Shengmei" <lisheng...@ict.ac.cn>
Subject Re: About many user accounts in hadoop platform
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 08:12:19 GMT
Hi, Sonal

       Thanks for your information.
       Because some users want to modify the source codes of hadoop, these
users want to install their own hadoop version in the same clusters. After
they modify their hadoop version, they may compile and install the modified
hadoop version and don't want to make any influence to other users.

       Does your method make effect on this?

Thanks a lot,

May

Hi,

Do your users want different versions of Hadoop? Or can they share the same
hadoop cluster and schedule their jobs? If the latter, Hadoop can be
configured to run for multiple users, and each user can submit their data
and jobs to the same cluster. Hence you can maintain a single cluster and
utilize your resources more efficiently. You can read more here:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/os-hadoop-scheduling/index.h
tml

http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2008/11/job-scheduling-in-hadoop/

Best Regards,