hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Gang Luo <lgpub...@yahoo.com.cn>
Subject explicitly close a mr job
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 19:53:14 GMT
Hi all,
when compile a physical plan into MR plan, the current rule is to put as many
operator as possible into the reduce phase of the current mr job. But sometimes
we want to control over this in physical plan. Say we want to put operator 1
into reduce phase of current mr job, end it and then put operator 2 into map
phase of the next mr job (both operator 1 & 2 are non-blocking). It seems
inserting store and load operator in physical plan doesn't help. Is there a
better way to do this than implementing new operators )e.g. starter and ender)

Thanks,
-Gang