hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Bug in new logical optimizer framework?
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:32:36 GMT

On Jun 28, 2010, at 12:36 AM, Swati Jain wrote:

> Thanks for the prompt reply. As you mentioned optimization is in its
> developing stage, does it mean optimization framework is not
> complete or
> only rules are in developing stage? In addition to that, I would
> really
> appreciate if you could give a rough idea when the patch will be
> available
> and what functionality will it contain?

At this point we believe the framework is complete and rules are being
developed.  But the framework has never been used in user testing
situations (alpha or beta testing) so there will be a whole round of
bugs to fix once that testing is done.

The current plan is to switch to this code as the actual optimizer
with 0.8, which we hope to release late this year (no promises).

Alan.