hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Gang Luo <lgpub...@yahoo.com.cn>
Subject Re: the last job in the mapreduce plan
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:20:25 GMT
Thanks for replying. Actually, I didn't observe such thing happen in pig now. But one of the
operators I implement in Pig requires to end the current MR operator afterwards. That issue
may happen in my case.

-Gang

----- 原始邮件 ----
发件人: Ashutosh Chauhan <ashutosh.chauhan@gmail.com>
收件人: pig-dev@hadoop.apache.org
发送日期: 2010/6/15 (周二) 1:24:46 下午
主   题: Re: the last job in the mapreduce plan

Gang,

What you are saying can never happen because we create a new MR
operator only when we have a blocking operator which needs to go in
the next MR operator. We dont create new MR operator apriori without
looking at next physical operator in the pipeline. If you are seeing
this happening, I would consider that as a bug.

Ashutosh