hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Hammerbacher <ham...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Will Pig support SQL?
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 09:29:12 GMT
Hey Jian,

Hive supports arbitrary procedural languages through Hadoop Streaming; see
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/LanguageManual/Transform for more.

Also, both Hive and Pig have support for handling skewed joins if you use
their higher-level interface. See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-562 and
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigSkewedJoinSpec.

Thanks,