hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Private variables are not eco-friendly
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:31:43 GMT
The current model forces people to 'convince' others to open up
classes for inheritance at the precise point it is necessary. This is
a model which has served, at least, Hadoop very well.

So, I think we should not go make every member protected - rather we
should open them up one at a time, as and when necessary.

Arun