hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Hudson testing of patches
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:30:07 GMT
We've had many questions on this, so I'm sending this to everyone on
the dev list in hopes of clarifying the situation.  Our Hudson setup
for testing patches is falsely returning failures on all or most unit
tests for all patches.  So if you submit a patch and all the unit
tests fail, don't worry.  We are working on getting Hudson fixed.  We
committers are working through the patch queue manually, running the
unit tests ourselves.  As we don't work all night like Hudson and each
run of the unit tests takes about 3 hours, this is going slowly.  But
please know we will get to your patches, even if it takes us a day or
two.

Alan.