hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: questions about integration of pig and HBase
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 17:52:33 GMT
Pig supports reading from Hbase (in Hadoop/Hbase 0.18 only).  It does
not yet support writing to hbase.  We are open to accepting patches to
add that functionality.  However, currently Pig's StoreFunc interface
isn't good at working with non file based data.  We plan to make
changes to that interface soon to better support storage functions
writing to things like hbase.

Alan.