hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: UDF with parameters?
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 22:52:06 GMT
Yes, it is possible.  The UDF should take the percentage you want as a
constructor argument.  It will have to be passed as a string and
converted.  Then in your Pig Latin, you will use the DEFINE statement
to pass the argument to the constructor.

REGISTER /src/myfunc.jar
DEFINE percentile myfunc.percentile('90');
A = LOAD 'students' as (name, gpa);
B = FOREACH A GENERATE percentile(gpa);

See http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/docs/r0.2.0/piglatin.html#DEFINE for
more details.