hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From nitesh bhatia <niteshbhatia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ajax library for Pig
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 04:28:44 GMT
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
This will be the architecture:

1. Pig would be installed on some dedicated server machine (say P) with
hadoop support.
2. In front of it will be a web server (say S)
   2.1 A web server will consist of a dedicated tomcat server (say St) for
handling dwr servlets.
   2.2 "PigScript.js"  proposed javascript.
   2.2 If user is using some other server than tomcat for presentation layer
(say http for php or IIS for asp.net); the server (say Su) will appear in
front of St.

-Connections between Su and St will be done through PigScript.js
- St and P will be done through dwr
- To get the results from server, this system will be using Reverse-ajax
calls ( i.e async call from server to browser  an inbuilt feature in DWR).

DWR is under Apache Licence V2.

--nitesh