hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Ajax library for Pig
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 15:41:33 GMT
Sorry if these are silly questions, but I'm not very familiar with
some of these technologies.  So what you propose is that Pig would be
installed on some dedicated server machine and a web server would be
placed in front of it.  Then client libraries would be developed that
made calls to the web server.  Would these client side libraries
include presentation in the browser, both for user's submitting
queries and receiving results?  Also, pig currently does not have a
server mode, thus any web server would have to spin off threads that
ran a pig job.

If the above is what you're proposing, I think it would be great.
Opening up pig to more users by making it browser accessible would be
nice.

Alan.