hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Pig 1.0.0 (candidate 0)
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:52:46 GMT
BTW, at this point I'm more concerned that we get a release out than
what it is called.  I do think Pig is stable enough for 1.0 but I'm
not willing to let version numbering get in the way of getting a
release out.  More frequent releases is better for the community.

Nige

On Mar 23, 2009, at 1:30 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:

> +1.
>
> On Mar 23, 2009, at 1:26 PM, Alan Gates wrote:
>
>> To address Santhosh's concerns that 1.0 is not an appropriate
>> release number, I propose that we release the same code under the
>> name 0.2.0.
>>
>> Alan.
>>
>> On Mar 20, 2009, at 11:54 AM, Santhosh Srinivasan wrote:
>>
>>> -1 on the 1.0.0 release. IMHO, Pig is relatively stable but not
>>> quite
>>> there. I would prefer 0.2.0
>>>
>>> 1. 1.0.0 signifies a highly stable and solid release which will
>>> require
>>> a little bit more work.
>>> 2. Multi-query support will break the way users are using grunt
>>> 3. There are ongoing efforts for changing load and/or store