hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Hammerbacher" <jeff.hammerbac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compile Pig and Hive queries to LINQ expression trees?
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 04:14:43 GMT
Hey Alan,

The sharing of logical plans seemed like the first place to start on
the way to a shared execution environment. By sharing an API, the
execution environments could be altered under the covers until
matching. The LINQ data model works for Hive, from what I can tell.
It's not clear to me that the Pig data model is not also handled by
LINQ's expressions.

In general, merging execution environments seems fairly tedious, but
sharing the logical plan seems much less difficult. Just wanted to
hear the opinions of others on the topic and hear thoughts on
implementation.

Later,
Jeff