hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From "Olga Natkovich" <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Pig migration from Incubator
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 21:13:46 GMT
Dear Users and Developers,

As you all know, Pig has graduated from the Apache Incubator and is
joining Hadoop as subproject. We are in the process of migrating the
project with means several things to the users, developers, and
committers:

(1) New mailing lists.

pig-dev@incubator.apache.org will become  pig-dev@hadoop.apache.org
<mailto:pig-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
pig-user@incubator.apache.org <mailto:pig-user@incubator.apache.org>
will become pig-user@hadoop.apache.org
pig-commits@incubator.apache.org will become
pig-commits@hadoop.apache.org

pig-private@incubator.apache.org will go away and issues that used to be
discussed there will now be discussed on private@hadoop.apache.org.

Note that the new lists will be created in the next couple of days and I
will send a separate email when this happens. There is no need to add
yourself to the new lists - all members will be automatically migrated.
Also, the emails sent to the old lists will be redirected for some
period of time but users are encouraged to start using the new lists as
soon as they become active.

(2) New SVN location
================

Pig source code will be moving from incubator svn to hadoop svn next
Monday, 10/27 2-3 pm PST. A reminder will be sent on Monday before the
migration starts. Please, make sure not to access SVN during this time
as you might not get the complete source code and your updates to the
code will be lost. Also make sure to commit any changes that can go
before the migration.

After the upgrades are done, the new code will be in Hadoop SVN. I will
update the links in the documentation to reflect that.

(3) New website location
==================

Pig website is already visible at its new location
http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/. However, we are not setup yet to make
updates at the new location. A ticket requesting the permission has been
submitted and should be resolved in the next couple of days. Till then,
I am getting help from hadoop PMC members to make the updates.

(4) Wiki stays the same

The same wiki is shared by incubator and the regular projects. No
changes are required at this time.

Please, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Olga