hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Pig 0.1.0 (candidate 3)
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:06:13 GMT
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 1:09 AM, Olga Natkovich <olgan@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> ...Hopefully the final candidate.
> http://people.apache.org/~olga/pig-0.1.0-candidate-3/
> <http://people.apache.org/~olga/pig-0.1.0-candidate-3/>
>
> Please, vote by end of day on Monday, 7/28....

The only thing missing for me to vote is the PGP key (0x06687D96) used
to sign the release, could you add it to a KEYS file under
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/pig/trunk/ ? See
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/trunk/KEYS for an
example. Uploading that key to public key servers like pgp.mit.edu as
well would be good.

Apart from that the release looks ok, here's what I checked:

md5 (2b0a1196a146cff1bc8e3c806ff36858) of pig-0.1.0.tar.gz matches md5 file.

LICENSE, NOTICE, README are present and look good to me.

The jar files and their licenses, under lib/, look good to me.

Apache rat does not report any "important" files without an AL license
header. I would suggest attaching the rat report to a JIRA issue in
case Incubator people ask about it. And there's a number of test *.pig
files that do not have the AL header, if the pig language allows
comments (I hope it does ;-) it might be good to add that for future
releases.

I didn't do any technical tests, not even tried to build Pig from that
release, that doesn't matter from my "mentor but not user" point of
view.

-Bertrand