hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Pig 0.1.0 (candidate 0)
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 04:49:25 GMT
On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Olga Natkovich <olgan@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>> ...please have a look to see if those can be added without
>> causing problems:
>>
>>  !????? ./src/org/apache/pig/impl/logicalLayer/parser/grammar
>>  !????? ./tutotial/data/excite-small.log  !?????
>> ./tutotial/scripts/script1-hadoop.pig
>>  !????? ./tutotial/scripts/script1-local.pig
>>  !????? ./tutotial/scripts/script2-hadoop.pig
>>  !????? ./tutotial/scripts/script2-local.pig
>
> All this files are either data as the case with excite-small.log or pig
> scripts or a grammar file. I don't think we can put license in the data.
> I could add it to the other files but I saw that some similar Hadoop
> files did not have license. Do all files need to have it?...

The rule is that any file which contains "creative expression"
requires AL headers (see [1] for example). Now, people might disagree
about what that creative expression is.

Log files are obviously not in this category. I don't know about the
small pig examples, but if the parser grammar is an essential part of
Pig I'd say that it does require the license header, assuming the
grammar language allows it.

-Bertrand

[1] http://markmail.org/message/gzppsey45yn4gpi4