hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Pig 0.1.0 (candidate 0)
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:52:26 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Benjamin Reed <breed@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Everything looks good except the test source code is missing and the
> tutorial directory is spelled tutotial :)

I guess this means a new release candidate will be created?

I had a quick look at
http://people.apache.org/~olga/pig-0.1.0-candidate-1/ and here are my
comments:

1) It might be good to include the version number in the
lib/javacc.jar filename, as with the other lib jar files, as the
license for javacc changed to BSD (which is fine) at some point. Just
to make it clear that the version Pig is using is indeed the
BSD-licensed one.

2) The README.txt should include the incubator disclaimer, like the
one at the end of
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/sling/trunk/README.txt?view=markup

3) Apache rat [1] reports the following files (along with a few other
irrelevant ones) with missing license headers, please have a look to
see if those can be added without causing problems:

 !????? ./src/org/apache/pig/impl/logicalLayer/parser/grammar
 !????? ./tutotial/data/excite-small.log
 !????? ./tutotial/scripts/script1-hadoop.pig
 !????? ./tutotial/scripts/script1-local.pig
 !????? ./tutotial/scripts/script2-hadoop.pig
 !????? ./tutotial/scripts/script2-local.pig

Apart from that the release looks good to me.

-Bertrand

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/rat/