hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Marko Bauhardt ...@101tec.com>
Subject how long needs a pig query
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:33:36 GMT
hi all,
we ran into performance problems by executing several pig-queries. so
in our case it is important to see how long needs a pig query.
is it possible to see in the logfiles how long needs a pig query to
execute? if no is the class "POMapreduce" in method "open()"
at "pigServer.store(dbTable.getAlias(), storeFile.toString(),
storeStatement);"
the correct place to make a debug statement.

e.g.

         long startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();

         boolean success = mapReduceLauncher.launchPig(this);

         long endTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
         long diff = (endTime - startTime) / 1000;
         log.info("launched pig in " + diff + " sec.");

thanks for hints

marko