hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Pig 0.1.0 (candidate 3)
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:11:16 GMT
> Tanks for your feedback. My comments are inline.
>
>> The README is *really* *really* minimalistic.
>
> Do you think we need to update it prior to the release?

Well, the idea of incubation is to gather a community (besides the
legal aspect). I would suggest to at least provide more detailed
instruction how to get the things working in the wiki. Or did I miss
those?

>> Why are both hadoop 0.16 and 0.17 included?
>
> The idea was that people can build with 1 version back.

That sounds like a good idea ..at least in theory :)

> However, at this
> point it is not possible since hadoop interfaces change between each
> version. We can remove hadoop16 I think. Do we need to do this cleanup
> prior to the release?

It's a bit awkward to have 0.16 in there if you cannot use it at all.

(That said I was about to send a question to the dev list about using
0.16 with pig. I need to get it working with 0.16. Will that be a
major hurdle? But let's discuss that in another thread)

Congrats to the RC. That's already a major step.

cheers
--
Torsten