hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Becoming hadoop subproject
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 12:02:40 GMT
> Currently, there are really 1-2 people that pop out in design
> discussions. I
> would agree on anything that will make us more like a real community!
>
> However, the main idea will never change. The more usable
> application = more
> users = more developers.

The chicken and the egg ...I know

But I guess there are a couple of things pig could do.

1) Provide the current hadoop distributions with PIG integrated.
(Should be communicated with the hadoop project of course)

2) A tutorial / screencast what you can already do with it. Maybe run
through the usual examples.

3) Make a list of companies/projects that already use PIG in production

4) Get some people to blog about this once things are in place

I know this isn't all nice and sexy development stuff. But I am sure
it will help to find a few more hands.

My 2 cents

cheers
--