hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@101tec.com>
Subject Re: code formatting rules?
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 00:19:06 GMT
> We do have coding conventions, as mentioned here:  http://wiki.apache.org/pig/HowToContribute

> .  We use the ones you reference, except that we use spaces rather
> than tabs.  As for characters per line, we do still use 80.  Even if
> we don't live in the middle ages some of us like to have multiple
> panes open at a time and be able to see across them :)
I'm fine wiht 80 too - no discussion need.

It looks to me most of the code does not follow this coding
conventions. I'm always not sure if a patch should follow the coding
conventions in this one class or use the java once - it is getting
messy in any case.

Even if it is very unpopular and painful one day we might need to run
a code formatter over all classes (or step by step)and I suggest to do
that earlier than later.
Writing patches would be easier after that.

Just my 2 cents.
Stefan