hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@101tec.com>
Subject pig.pl, kryptonite, hod etc.
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:23:39 GMT
Hi there,

from reading through this perl script I understand that this script is
very specific to the y! infrastructure. kryptonite, hod etc....
However since pig is open source and should be work well for all users
- be generic , I wonder how we should procede.
I personal actually have trouble to patch the pig.pl file since I can
barely l test it without those kind of infrastructure.
Also what troubles me the pig.pl expects a bunch of configuration
files that are not within the pig sources. At least a template should
be there.
So how should we procede here?

I suggest we do a generic pig.sh or pl that works for all pig users
not just y! users.
If y! wants we can keep the y! specific file around in the sources.
Any thoughts?

I'm sorry if it is getting a little more difficult with pig having
users. :-)

Cheers,
Stefan

101tec Inc.