hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From "Olga Natkovich" <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Proposal for error handling in Pig
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 02:06:30 GMT
Pig developers,

We had many patches submitted that are trying to improve error handling.
This is really great as many users ask exactly for that. So it seems
timely to establish some guidelines on how errors should be handled,
propagated, delivered, etc.

I put together a proposal to start the discussion. Please, review and
comment. Once we have an agreement we would need to add the missing
pieces to deploy it into Pig and then review the existing patches to
make sure they follow the proposed practice.

http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigDeveloperCookbook

I have also started a general document called Pig Developer Cookbook
where we can keep track of development patterns we as a community want
to follow.

Thanks again for everybody's contributions!

Olga