hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From "Olga Natkovich" <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Marking issue as "patch available"
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:17:26 GMT
Hi,

It is great to see so many useful patches submitted! Thanks everybody
for helping Pig's success!

I think that to help expedite the commit process it would be great to
use the following guidelines for patch management. Please, let me know
what you think and I will update our contribute procedure.

The main idea is to make it easier for committers to find the bugs where
patches need to be reviewed. JIRA provides a way to mark an issue with
"patch available" flag; however this does not happen automatically when
a patch is submitted. I propose the following:

(1) Any time a patch is attached that needs to be reviewed and
committed, please, mark the issue with "patch available" flag. Note, it
is an extra bug edit step after the patch is attached
(2) Whenever a patch is reviewed and a new patch needs to be generated
as a result, please, uncheck the flag.

Thanks,

Olga