hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Charlie Groves <char...@threerings.net>
Subject Hadoop setup for pig development
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 19:48:11 GMT
I'm using a local, single-node hadoop cluster to run pig's tests as I
work on it.  Is this the preferred way to run the tests?  I ask
because with this setup it takes several minutes for many of the
tests to complete, which is different than the normal quick unit test
cycle I'm used to.

I have set mapred.map.max.attempts and mapred.reduce.max.attempts to
1, so if I do break something, it fails after one attempt rather than
several.  Is there anything else I can tweak in the setup to speed
things up?

Thanks,
Charlie