hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Olston <ols...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Pig Server API
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 01:53:13 GMT

>> *	Functions newRelation and insertTuple: looks like these
>> functions are not documented and I am wondering what applications are
>> using them?
>>

> I am not sure about these. Looks like these can be removed too
> unless someone speaks for them.

I am the one who introduced these (also pre-Apache days), and I no
longer use them. They are not documented or supported and I'd be
surprised if anybody is using them currently.

I vote to remove them unless anybody objects. It may turn out that we
need this functionality later, in which case we can re-introduce into
the new framework.

-Chris

--
Christopher Olston, Ph.D.