hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Macdonald <cra...@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Subject How to HOD?
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:38:09 GMT
Hi all,

I've been trying to setup Pig using Hadoop on Demand. Using some
hackery, my incantation now looks like

PATH=/users/tr.craigm/OF_tools/python/bin/:$PATH ROOT=$PWD
scripts/pig.pl -Dlog4j.level=debug -Dhod.server=local
-Dhod.expect.root=$PWD -Dhod.command=hod/bin/hod
-Dhod.expect.uselatest=hodrc/released -Dyinst.cluster=
-Dhadoop.root.logger=DEBUG,console  --cluster hodrc

(the name of my hodrc file is hodrc).

However, the HOD connection code in PigContext mystifies me. Does it
correspond to any released version of HOD?
It seems to connect to HOD, and parse the response.

PIG-18 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-18) states that Pig
needs to be fixed to work with hod 4.
So I presume that Pig does not worth with the HOD version
hod-open-4.tar.gz  attached to

However, it doesnt look like Pig works with the other version of Hod
attached to the same JIRA issue: hod.0.2.2.tar.gz

PigContent.java looks for output from HOD in the form of lines starting:
hdfsUI:
hdfs:
mapredUI:
mapred:
hadoopConf:

I cant find any source in either versions of HOD that resemble this.
Does anyone know if Pig will currently work with any currently openly
available version of HOD?

Thanks in advance

Craig