hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Updates to user defined ordering spec
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2007 00:58:03 GMT
Ben and Utkarsh,

I updated the user defined ordering doc on wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/pig/UserDefinedOrdering) based on our
conversation yesterday.  Please take a look and make sure I got all the
wiring through SortPartitioner and hadoop correct.

Ben, on the idea of passing arguments to the sort function, I left that
off for now.  I don't want to preclude it, but I think the requests for
this feature are fairly time sensitive so I want to get to a point that
Patrick can start working on it ASAP.  We can add it arguments later.

Alan.