hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From "Olga Natkovich" <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: [Pig Wiki] Update of "HowToContribute" by OlgaN
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 21:49:08 GMT
Ok, I can move it.

Olga

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:cutting@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 12:42 PM
To: pig-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Pig Wiki] Update of "HowToContribute" by OlgaN

Olga Natkovich wrote:
> The reason I put it into contribute is because the content of
> Contribute have this level of details of the actual work that needs to

> be done in preparation for patch. I can add that this is relevant for
> committers only or move it - either way is fine with me.

The HowToContribute page is typically where you point folks new
contributors to the project.  As such it should not mention things that
these folks cannot do.  The HowToCommit page is where we point folks who
are new committers to the project.  Stuff about deploying the
documentation, which is only relevant to committers, should be on the
HowToCommit page, I think.

Doug