hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From "Olga Natkovich" <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Porting Pig to hadoop 0.15
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 21:09:41 GMT
Hi,

Now that Hadoop 0.15 is out we need to port Pig to be able to work with
it. There are some interface as well as configuration changes which
makes it not backward compatible for Pig. My question is what how we
should do this. The safest way seems to be to branch what we have now
and make Hadoop 0.15 changes on the trunk. This way people have a choice
which version to use for some time with understanding that we would not
be back porting features or bug fixes onto the branch.

Comments?

Olga