hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From "Olga Natkovich" <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: first version of website is now up
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 16:57:12 GMT
I updated the website and also replaced the logo. Next on my list is
putting basic docs on wiki and start moving issues to jira. Please, let
me know when we have critical mass to announce.

Olga

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:cutting@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:26 AM
To: pig-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: first version of website is now up

Olga Natkovich wrote:
> Should we announce this on the general incubator list or should we
> wait to have more documentation added?

Eventually we should announce that Pig is open for business on both
general@incubator.a.o and probably hadoop-user@lucene.a.o.

It would be really good to update the website in the next few days, so
that it at least has a cursory description of Pig.  Who will work on
this?  I filed an issue in Jira:

But I don't think I'd hold up an announcement for that.  I would prefer
that we replace the logo on the website, since folks will (rightfully)
hassle us about that: we should not use a Y! logo.  I filed an issue in
Jira for this too, initially assigned to Utkarsh, since he seems to have
some knowledge of the logo.

Doug