hadoop-pig-dev mailing list archives

From edward yoon <webmas...@udanax.org>
Subject RE: Yahoo Pig - Some updates
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 01:33:52 GMT

> By hbase shell are you thinking of the SQL like support? I'm not sure > about that.
At some point we'll want to put SQL on top of pig just > because there's such a large SQL
community out there, and translation > from (read only) SQL->pig is fairly straight
forward. So we want to > make sure we think all the way through what SQL we want before
we just > adopt something from another project.

yeah, we're ready for SQL-like query support in hbase shell.also, i'm thinking about extended
sql query languages for (rdf, gis, matrix... etc.) on hbase.
but now, ..
i hope pig latin uses hadoop + hbase additionally. and using pig latin's data processing capacity,
i hope to create an sql-like service by integrating my works to pig latin
i welcome your any advice.

thanks,
edward j. yoon

------------------------------
B. Regards,
Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
Home : http://www.udanax.org> Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:44:24 -0700> From: gates@yahoo-inc.com>
To: webmaster@udanax.org> CC: pig-user@incubator.apache.org> Subject: Re: Yahoo Pig
- Some updates> > > > edward yoon wrote:> >> After looking a little at
HBase, it looks like building load and store > functions in pig to read from and write
to hbase shouldn't be too hard. > >> > > yeah, i agree.> > > >
> >> Changing pig to take advantage of more hbase features than just full > scan
and a new version of rows in a table would take quite a bit more work.> >> > >
> > I'm thinking of moving hbase shell works to pig latin project. > > what do
you think? > > > By hbase shell are you thinking of the SQL like support? I'm not
sure > about that. At some point we'll want to put SQL on top of pig just > because
there's such a large SQL community out there, and translation > from (read only) SQL->pig
is fairly straight forward. So we want to > make sure we think all the way through what
SQL we want before we just > adopt something from another project.> > Also, I think
we need to relocate this conversation to the pig-user > mailing list, as it seems pig specific
at this point (and pig even has > its own mailing lists now).> > Alan.>
Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble challenge with star
power.