hadoop-ozone-dev mailing list archives

From "Elek, Marton" <e...@apache.org>
Subject ozone build changes (github actions)
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2019 13:18:23 GMT

Hi,

With HDDS-2400 and HDDS-2482 we started to use github-actions[1] to
execute some of the CI checks.

checkstyle/findbugs/rat/author/unit/acceptance tests are checked by the
github actions.

1. checks are executed for all the pull requests
2. and for all the commits (post-commit), see the status of the commits
here: https://github.com/apache/hadoop-ozone/commits/master

I started to turn off [2] the kubernetes based builds. From now, only
the acceptance tests are executed on k8s with the help of argo workflow [3]

Some practical information:

  1. "/retest" comment DOESN'T work for github actions. Use the "re-run
checks" button from the build page (for example on this page:
https://github.com/apache/hadoop-ozone/pull/142/checks?check_run_id=304588699)

  2. To check the detailed results you can download the artifacts from
the same page

Some TODO ideas:

  1. Implement rebase on top of the latest target branch (for PR checks)
  2. Create daily build (run code style + unit for post-commit and
acceptance/integration daily)
  3. Stabilize the integration tests (exclude unstable tests) and run
them with github actions

Marton

[1] https://github.com/features/actions
[2]