From Wellington Chevreuil <wellington.chevre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encrypt a directory using some key (JAVA)
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 20:51:35 GMT
Hi Aneela,

All methods from DFS CLI are exposed in KMS HTTP REST API. Your java
application can then make http requests to KMS. Here is an example of
related http request format for creating a key:

POST http://HOST:PORT/kms/v1/keys

{
  "name"        : "<key-name>",
  "cipher"      : "<cipher>",
  "length"      : <length>,        //int
  "material"    : "<material>",    //base64
  "description" : "<description>"
}

This and all exposed methods are detailed on " KMS HTTP REST API" section
form KMS online documentation here:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.2/hadoop-kms/index.html

Regards,
Wellington.