From AJAY GUPTA <ajaygit...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop 2.6 Timeline/history server: Killed/Complete Containers
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2016 14:47:13 GMT
I have Hadoop 2.6 setup on my laptop and my workplace too has a Hadoop 2.6
cluster. I have started the timeline server on both locations. I am seeing
different behaviour on both these setups.

*Application:* I am writing a rest API to fetch all killed containers for
an application

*On company cluster:* Assume I have started an application, assume one of
the containers gets killed for this application. I am trying to fetch
information for this killed container using historyClient (while the
application is running). However this information is not available with
historyServer. This information is available with history server only after
application gets killed. The entire application's information is sent to
history server only after the application is getting killed.

*On local laptop setup:* The killed container information is available at
history server even when the application is running.

Am I missing some configuration setting on the company cluster which is
causing this different behaviour?