From "Ashish Kumar9" <ashis...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Need Input : Hadoop Setup against External Storage
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2016 07:16:24 GMT
Hi ,

I have a requirement for Hadoop Implementation against external shared
storage in a virtualized environment . In order to implement this I need
to understand

a) Hadoop replication behaviour with external storage where disks are
allocated to data nodes as logical volumes . If I want to implement in
such a way that if 2 replicas of data blocks are getting allocated on same
node then hadoop counts it as 1 replica .

b) Is there any feature where by hadoop has awareness of Storage Volume
LUN-IDs and can accordingly place data block replicas .

c) Is there any study available for hdfs read/write behavior against
storage easy-tiering feature .

Thanks
Ashish