From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rake...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Journal nodes in HA
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 11:26:42 GMT
Hi Konstantinos,

The typical deployment is, three Journal Nodes(JNs) and can collocate two
of the three JNs on the same machine where Namenodes(2 NNs) are running.
The third one can be deployed to the machine where ZK server is
running(assume ZK cluster has 3 nodes). I'd recommend to have a dedicated
disk for each JN server to use for edit log path as edit logs will be
writing continuously.

It would be helpful if you could give more details of your Hadoop cluster
size and components including ZK service etc.

Thanks,
Rakesh